The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) of 1986 protects the voting rights of members of the Uniformed Services (on active duty), members of the Merchant Marine and their eligible dependents, Commissioner Corps of the Public Health Service, Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and U.S. citizens residing outside the U.S.
Military and Overseas Voting Projects
View current and previous efforts in Military and Overseas Voting Projects.
Military and Overseas Voters
UOCAVA requires states and territories to allow these citizens to register and vote in elections for federal office using absentee procedures. For more information, view the links below.
- America Supports You
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Air Force Voting Resources
- U.S. Army Voting Assistance Program
- U.S. Coast Guard Voting Assistance Program
- U.S. Marine Corps Voting Resources
- U.S. Navy Voting Assistance Program – The Navy Voting Assistance Program provides voting assistance to all Department of the Navy personnel and their families around the world.
- Overseas Vote Foundation
- The League of Women Voters’ Vote 411